Monday, February 13, 2012

Moments that matter

Good Mornings,

what a few days it has been since Friday afternoon.

My kitty Sally was very ill, of chronic kidney failure and was on her way to leave this lifetime. So my son and I went on Friday afternoon to neighbouring village and gotten the: "letting go" remedy from a holistic vet. This remedy would help Sally to let go and pass peacefully.
Saturday morning, Sally was sitting on the kitchen floor, one could see not well. So I picked her up and took her downstairs. Showed her our log house and the forest. Stood there for a while and let her soak in the view of the high trees. Later took her up and laid her on the bed and gave her some more remedy and tea. Again speaking to her: that my son and I are safe and she could let us go!
By 2pm that Saturday she passed.
My son of five told me several times: Mami, it is ok. You can cry. But Sally is now fine and playing with Harry and the rabbit.


Why I am sharing this is: to enjoy the moments and appreciate the beings crossing your path and traveling with you.
Even though I found, we all KNOW to be in the NOW and the moment. We are more than often not, getting in-tangled in "shoulds" and buying just another five minutes of what we think (or others think) we have to do or think.
I have found now, that since Sally was sick and dying, that I became more mindful about what matters. Started DOING and saying things that are truly me. AUTHENTIC.
LOL even am learning to play again with my boy .... Lego! Often in the pace of society (not life) we forget not only what truly matters, we even forget how to be in the moment and how it is done. Just like playing for example.

So today, I wished that I have taken more time out to cuddle with Sally, which has taken so excellent care of me emotionally. With such unconditional love. Today I wished, that I would have not said so often to my son: go and play, I am busy..give me five more minutes. But it is in the past now. Nothing I can make unhappen or change.

Today I understand, that no matter what - it is always possible to just stop and take time out to make matters and moments count. Nothing else actually is important, than these moments. Enriching our lives, filling us up with love, gratitude and appreciation.

Oh and one on the side, Universe is helping me in re-learning and being in the moment. At our new  house, I do not have internet right now ... so lets cuddle and play and go to the beach.

Have an AWesome day and feel the moments

D xox





2 comments:

  1. love the way you go now :) I won´t miss the days with my daughters playing,swimming and just hanging arround because now they have their own lifes and they don´t need me any more (only sometimes) and the most important thing which I learned was-be good to yourself-be sometimes selfish and you´ll be the best mom for you boy and you´re satisfied.
    many hugs
    conny

    ReplyDelete