Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A prayer for a kid in South Africa

Whilst am sitting here, my precious boy is sleeping on the couch. Didn't mean to blog so soon again.
My heart is bleeding and I am feeling raw, open and helpless. Cried bitter tears and as am writing . .they coming again.

Well this has happened: I had a lovely girl helping me in the house. She just turned 22 in October. I love her as she is my own and tried to support and understand her. Tried to make a difference. Why am writing TRIED, as trying often leads to failure, do not ask me why . . just is . . feel like I failed.
She has a son of now soon turning four. Yip, she has burried her mom and her grandparents in a space of two month when she was 17. In the past this girl didn't drink and was a rock in the stormy sea. Oh I admired her strenght and supported her.

Anyway, she has told me about three weeks ago, she would take on her half brother of 13, which was living with another aunt. Apparently this aunt didn't look after him. I said to her, please should you EVER feel it is too much for you, it is ok, say it and we make a plan.
I did know that there is rather a bit of monthly government support in stall for the caring family. Didn't think she would do it for cash. It is her half  brother after all.

Well, this girl has disappeared for the past two weeks. Left the brother alone, with almost no food in the house.
The other workers had to step in and up to provide some food for him and clean his clothes. He even slept alone at night in these small workers houses.

Now, of course this boy of 13 will be placed to somebody else. Another family member, as this boy is an orphan.
I was fighting today with social services NOT to place him there and to find another solution. Take him out of this valley and to give ONE child a fair chance. ONE CHILD . .just one!!!!
As there where he goes now, the aunt drinks most of the money out. It is sad, this is how it is here.

My heart is crying and screaming. The answer I have gotten from social services is, well they have to place first with family and then see further.

I have asked this "gentleman" from the social services, does a child first have to be messed up before somebody takes responsibility? Does this child first have to turn into a rapist, murderer, thief or abuse drugs?
Then, yes then the society will cry out . . . or label again.

I cannot breath!

I was just now standing outside, feel like I do not belong here on this earth.
What is happening, where are we going . .will this stop? Will this ever end??

I am asking you all out there, send a healing thought, a prayer and strenght to this little boy.
Send him love as this is what he most likely yearns for the most.

Namaste dear brothers and sisters out there.
Am sending you love and light and lightness

1 comment:

  1. We also experience the dislocation and helplessness with our Aboriginal community, and am personally working with severely damaged, abused children, so i can just a little know where you are coming from and empathise! I SEND LOVE AND PRAYERS, DAVID M each evening and as i think of it.

    ReplyDelete